Become certified by IFS Logistics
Bureau Veritas Certification Denmark A/S
The demands for food security are growing. Consumers and authorities are increasingly demanding that the foods we all eat must be of high quality and a high level of safety. If problems occur, the source of the error must be found and rectified quickly. The requirements are primarily aimed at retail, but from there they spread throughout the food chain to the processing industry, primary producers and transporters. In order to transport and handle food to a number of German and French retail chains such as Aldi, Lidl and Metro a special approval on a number of factors that have an impact on quality and food safety is required.
The requirements for the suppliers are described in the IFS Logistic standard, which was prepared by the German supermarket chain HDE (Hauptverband des Deutschen Einzelhandels). This was later joined by their French sister organization FCD (Fédération des entreprises du Commerce et de la Distribution). The chains require an independent third party to review and approve the supplier's quality and food safety system. Bureau Veritas Certification Denmark A/S is approved by the Danish accreditation scheme, DANAK, to conduct these IFS audits.
The benefits of an IFS Logistics certification
- Access to some of Europe's largest retail chains
- DANAK accredited certificate
- Danish-speaking auditors with knowledge of local culture and legislation
- Minimizing customer audits through simultaneous inspection of other standards e.g. Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards (BRCGS)
- Integration with other standards e.g. ISO 22000, ISO 9001 or ISO 14001
- Minimizing travel costs with Danish auditors both east and west of ”Storebælt”
External Sales Manager & Customer Relations Manager Certification
Phone: +45 2250 6708