Become certified by ISO 28001 Supply Chain
Bureau Veritas Certification Denmark A/S
In today’s global economic landscape, security management has become a complex challenge in all areas of industry and, in particular, supply chains. Logistic operations and supply chain partners are often scattered worldwide with varying national regulations and business processes. Companies would like to assure security while identifying potential threats, assessing risk and implementing measures to prevent any risks and threats affecting the success of their business.
ISO 28001 was developed in response to the transportation and logistics industries’ need for a commonly applicable security management system specific to supply chain security. However, companies in many other industries are finding it useful to assess security risks, implement controls, and mitigate arrangements to manage potential security threats and impacts from the supply chain.
Quality, safety and customer satisfaction also benefit from this management system. The requirements for ISO 28001 include all critical aspects for supply chain security assurance. Some examples include financing, manufacturing, information management, and the facilities for packing, storing and transferring goods between vehicles and locations. Security management is linked to many other aspects of business management. These should be considered directly, when and where they impact security management, including transporting goods through the supply chain.
The benefits of an ISO 28001 certification
- Enhanced security risk assessment, asset protection and inventory visibility and management
- Assured supply continuity for sustainable business development and reduction of delivery times
- Improved customer satisfaction and business cooperation along the supply chain
- Reduction of losses resulted from transport related theft
- Shorter customs clearance time (Green Lane approvals) and reduced secondary inspections
- Compliance with other trade and supply chain
- security schemes, such as AEO and C-TPAT