Certification & Design Review for offshore lifting and transport equipment
Ensuring the safety and success of offshore wind installation projects critically depends on the certification of lifting and transport equipment. Whether you're a seasoned engineer joining a wind turbine producer or a professional seeking essential certification information, Bureau Veritas Denmark is your unwavering certification partner. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide an informative overview of various certification types, the standards to consider, and where to diligently pursue certification for your essential tools. Please note that while we can offer valuable insights, we cannot provide precise guidance on specific matters.
Types of Certification
Certification for lifting and transport equipment for offshore wind turbine installation can vary depending on your location and specific needs. Here are the key types:
Relevant Standards: 0001/ND, BSH (Germany), DNV ST N001.
Certification by Bureau Veritas ensures the safety and robustness of tools for harsh offshore environments.
United States Certification
Relevant Standard: BTH-1 (Offshore).
Bureau Veritas offers OSHA-certification for lifting tools for onshore and quayside use in the USA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
Relevant Standards: Various, including ILO 152, LMA (LLOYD’S MARKET ASSOCIATION) Suitable for global use.
Bureau Veritas offers two main certification processes based on your needs:
- Suitable for single pieces or individual tools.
- Each tool undergoes visual examination and load testing to meet specific standards.
- Ideal for serial production.
- Based on one prototype's load test, representative of the entire series.
- Requires Bureau Veritas Denmark's approved design and approved manufacturing facility.
Key Steps for Type Approval
- Design appraisal for lifting or sea-transport tools.
- Assessment of the manufacturer's Quality Management System.
- Manufacturing surveys during serial production, including NDT and corrosion protection.
- Marking of tooling examination (type plate, WLL designation, etc.).
- Prototype testing with a load test.
- Documentation gathering and archiving by the manufacturer or tool owner.
Codes and Jurisdiction
- Global quayside lifting: ILO 152 Geneva convention of 1979.
- Sea-transport and offshore lifting: Renewable Energy Sub-Committee requirements, Noble Denton 0001/ND, or DNV ST N001.
- US quayside lifting: OSHA standards - 29 CFR - PART 1919.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas Denmark?
Bureau Veritas Denmark is a global leader in wind tool, sea-transport equipment, and lifting equipment certification. We are recognized by major offshore wind OEMs, marine warranty surveyors, and marine operations companies for our expertise and fast, pragmatic document delivery. When you need globally accepted certifications for agile wind farm installations, choose Bureau Veritas Denmark.